Tired of snacking on boiled and tasteless veggies all day, well, luckily there are plenty of delicious ways to get the greens in. Whether you are on a detox diet or want to lose weight, green smoothies provide the body with ample amounts of nutrition and energy.
What’s best is that you can simply toss all the ingredients in the blender and you end up with a healthy breakfast in just a few minutes. Here are a few amazing healthy green smoothie recipes you need to try right now:
Coconut Clementine Green Smoothie
This sweet, creamy and ultra-refreshing green smoothie will take care of all your Vitamin C needs and will soon become a favorite in your household, especially if you family enjoys gulping down coconut milk. Here’s the recipe:
- ½ cup coconut milk (you may opt for other non-dairy milk substitutes)
- 1 big handful of greens (for example spinach or kale)
- 1 ripe banana (frozen)
- 4-5 clementines (peeled with strings removed)
- Fresh mint and cilantro leaves (optional)
- Ice cubes, as required
Toss in all the ingredients in the blender until the mixture is smooth and creamy. For extra flavor, toss in an extra banana or a few herbs for a rich earthy flavor.
Detox Green Smoothie
Are you ready to try this ultra-detox green smoothie? Made from a variety of rich ingredients, this smoothie will leave you energized with spotless skin. The rich flavor will surprise your taste buds, making you crave for more. Here’s the recipe:
- ½ cup cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup romaine leaves, torn
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup spinach, torn (can be substituted with kale leaves)
- 1 banana, chopped (frozen)
- 1 small pear, chopped
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 tbsp. fresh mint
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley
- ½ – 1 lemon, juiced
- ½ tbsp. chia seeds
- ¼-inch slice ginger root, peeled
- pinch of cayenne (optional)
- pinch of turmeric (optional)
- pinch of cinnamon (optional)
Toss in all the ingredients in the blender until the mixture is smooth. Add extra mint leaves for a refreshing flavor. The smoothie can be sweetened using liquid stevia as desired. Enjoy!
Super Food Power Layered Smoothie
This slim down power smoothie has all kinds of super ingredients including fresh strawberries, spinach and flax. Apart from its nutritional value, the delicious smoothie tastes great without any added sugar and is the perfect drink for lazy summer mornings. Here’s the recipe:
- 2 large sliced bananas (frozen)
- 1 handful spinach (roughly about 1.5 cups)
- 1/2 large apple, chopped (or simply use 1 small apple of your favorite variety)
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp. ground flax (optional)
- 7 large strawberries, sliced
- Peel the apple if desired. Next, toss in 1 banana, ¼ cup of almond milk, the spinach and the flax into the blender. Allow the ingredients to blend until smooth. In case the mixture appears too thick, add some extra almond milk to attain the right consistency. Make sure to scrape down the sides of the blender.
- Pour the mixture in to a tall glass.
- Rinse the blender to prepare it for the second layer. Toss in a banana, the entire pile of strawberries and ¼ cup of almond milk. Blend all the ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Scrape the sides of the blender, adding more almond milk if the smoothie is too thick. Pour the smoothie on top of the previous one.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Note: The layered look is optional. You can simply blend together all the ingredients if desired.
Energizing Green Smoothie Bowl
Topped with lots of textures, colors and flavors, smoothie bowls are a hit. The crunchy and delicious toppings will turn your smoothie into a delicious and fulfilling meal, preventing you from over snacking throughout the day. Customize your green smoothie bowl with your favorite fruits and toppings. Here’s a great recipe to get you started:
For the Smoothie:
- 1/4 ripe avocado
- 2 medium chopped bananas (frozen)
- 2 large handfuls spinach
- 1 cup mixed berries, fresh or frozen
- 1 small handful kale (remove large stems)
- 1 ½ – 2 cups non-dairy milk (unsweetened )
- 1 tbsp. flax seed
- 2 tbsp. salted creamy almond or peanut butter
- Fresh berries
- Shredded unsweetened coconut
- Raw or roasted nuts (pecans, walnuts, almondsetc.)
- Hemp seeds
- Roasted unsalted sunflower seeds
- Toss all the smoothie ingredients into the blender. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Add more almond milk or water to achieve the desired consistency.
- Taste the mixture and adjust the flavor as required. To sweeten the mixture, add some maple syrup along with an extra banana. For added creaminess, add more almond milk.
- For added protein, add some nut butter. It will also enhance the flavor and add natural sweetness to the drink.
- Pour the smoothie into the serving bowl
- Add the desired toppings, serve and enjoy
- Pack left overs in a jar, can last in the fridge for a day or 2
Note: Use plenty of strawberries and raspberries for a lighter and greener smoothie or blueberries for a purple smoothie.
Fall Green Smoothie
Want to enjoy the flavors of the fall? This healthy recipe is all that your taste buds will ever need for a delicious breakfast. Here’s the recipe:
- 2 cups cashew almond milk
- 1 cup pear chunks, frozen
- 2 cups packed kale leaves
- 1 cup table grapes, frozen
- 1 small banana
Combine all the ingredients in the blender and blend until it is smooth and creamy, for approximately 3 minutes. Increase the speed of the blender as the ingredients start to mix. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
So there you have it, 5 incredibly delicious and healthy smoothie recipes you can make in a matter of minutes. Customize the recipe to suit your needs as there are no rules to making the perfect smoothie.